Match No. 175 - Saturday, 28th March 1931, 3:00pm
- Robert McPhail, 61'
- James McGrory, 64'
- Scotland First Goal: Despite most online sources claiming that Stevenson score the first goal The Times is quite clear: "Morton placed his [corner] kick well and the ball came right over to Archibald, who shot hard.
The ball went straight along the ground to Hibbs, but it came so fiercely at him that he could not hold it.
It ran loose. Hibbs was on the ground, and McGrory, Stevenson, and McPhail each had a kick, McPhail touching it last just on the line."
- Attendance Record: The new world record attendance of 129,810 eclipsed the 127,307 set on the same ground in 1912. The record lasted two years when in the same fixture and the same ground the attendance was recorded at 136,259.
- Player Milestone: Herbert Roberts' 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Jackie Crawford's 1st Cap
- The Times "Scotland's Victory - Weak English Attack", Monday 30th March 1931, page 5